Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beams of Love

I've been meaning to post this pic for a while. It's
the Stefan sky needle in West End (my neighbourhood) in the wee hours of the morn. Isn't it beautiful? It was a foggy day and I was cycling to work but I couldn't resist stopping to marvel at it's awesomeness. Some peeps will remember the old Stefan needle with neon rings that came from Expo '88. Well that one caught fire last year and he replaced it with this rainbow extravaganza. Apparently he had to go all the way to Germany, land of the Love Parade, to find the design. At night large tracts of light beam out from it. A friend of mine has a theory that they are search lights sent out by gay aliens monitoring straight people. Whatever they are for I heart them for guiding me home in the darkness.

1 comment: